Welcome to Torrington Amateur Athletic Club (TAAC). We're a friendly local running club based in Great Torrington, and taking in runners from all over the area.No matter what your ability, you'll be welcome. We have runners whizzing round in sub-three hour marathons along with those who enjoy a slower, more social run. Come join us to stay fit, improve your running and make new friends.
MEMBERSHIP 2021/2022 Training to re-commence 31/03/2021
We are still running club sessions but having to adhere to strict Covid regulations but very much welcome new members of all abilities, although we do ask that new members are able to run 3 miles non-stop (regardless of time) to ensure the safety of the session group.
If you are still interested, please use the link below to complete your membership form and pay the membership fee. Once you have submitted your form, you will receive an invite via Facebook to join a private TAAC members group on Facebook (this link will be sent to the above email address so if you use a different email for Facebook please let me know). This will be our club communication tool and allow you to book for sessions. Please note we are only accepting members over the age of 18 years due to covid restrictions which are currently in force. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We are pleased to announce that the TAAC Coaching team is able to provide a members-only restricted return to training, subject to coach availability, from September 2020. All coaches, volunteers and athletes will be expected to adhere to the club’s Covid Policy which is attached to this email. Please read before completing the membership form. We hope you will support our volunteer coaches in enabling us to safely return to training.
Due to Covid restrictions, we are instigating an online membership process - the membership form can be completed here:
And payment can easily be made (£30) via BACS (details are on the form).
There will be a booking system for members to attend the training which must be used and is our track and trace tool. We very much look forward to seeing you all again and training together.
Booking a session via poll option using Facebook.
1. You must select the relevant poll option on the members Facebook page to sign up for your coach session by 5pm at the latest on the day the session is taking place. New weekly polls will be clearly marked and will be posted as soon as possible. Coaches will post a meeting place on the Facebook page.
2. If you are unsure who your coach is (new member) please add yourself to the AWAITING COACHING GROUP and we will do our best to allocate you before the next session (depending on our time availability this may not always be possible but will try our best) Please do not just turn up on the off chance as we will not accommodate you.
3.If you sign up and then cannot attend, please remove yourself from the poll as soon as possible or by 5pm on the Wednesday by selecting the ’sorry can’t make session”. This is essential in order that we can have an accurate register of attendees, and are not waiting for someone who is not going to attend.
4. As per Torrington AAC Covid Policy (attached below), it is vital that you adhere to all the guidelines whilst attending and in particular:
* You must not train if you are unwell. If you start to show symptoms of COVID-19 later in the week or have a positive Covid test, please notify your coach or our Covid coordinator (Verity Hookway) who will ensure other athletes in the group and the Club committee are all informed.
* Maintain social distancing during training sessions between TAAC members and between TAAC members and the public..
Return to training from MARCH 2021: TAAC Covid Policy August 2020
We are pleased to announce that TAAC Coaching team are able to provide a restricted return to training, subject to coach availability, from September 2020. All coaches, volunteers and athletes are expected to adhere to the club’s Covid Policy. Membership renewal will be on condition of agreeing to the guidelines below. Our Covid coordinator is Verity Hookway and she can be contacted at
Guidelines for all athletes and coaches
It is the responsibility of each coach and athlete to assess the risk of participating in club activities and to take the necessary precautions to ensure we keep ourselves and others safe
Coaches are not obliged to train groups of more than six participants (this will be under
Follow public guidance for health and hygiene including washing hands before leaving home to attend training
Please note there will be no access to changing facilities or toilets until further notice
Please ensure you have adequate hydration for the session. •
Adherence to these guidelines (and any future amendments) will be a condition of membership for the duration of the Covid pandemic
Guidelines for athletes: All TAAC members/athletes agree to:
Maintain social distancing during training sessions between TAAC members and between TAAC members and the public
Book for training sessions and give notice if unable to attend wherever possible
Provide relevant health information when requested
Respect the coaches decision if there are no training places available
Adhere to the instructions of your coach at all times
Avoid gathering in large groups before or after training sessions Guidelines for Coaches: All coaches agree to:
Devise training sessions to enable 2m social distancing between TAAC members and between members and the public
Discourage gathering together in large groups at start and end of session
Keep a record of group members participating in every training session (for track and trace)
Carry a mask, phone and hand sanitiser during training sessions in case of
Read and contribute to TAAC Covid risk assessment as required
Ensure DBS check/coach licence is current and up to date.